ADHD/ADD symptoms occur because of the mind’s inability to focus properly, and/or exert proper impulse control, and regulate physical activity. The underlying reason for this inability is a slight delay in sensory processing speed, and/or a mild under-activation of the sensory-motor region of the mind.
Do you believe that you, your child or someone you know may have ADHD? Take the following self-quiz, which can help give insight into whether you should take further action.
How to Take the Quiz
If you answer ‘yes’ to four or more questions, you or someone you know may have ADHD:
- Do you have difficulty working independently?
- Do you give up easily?
- Do you have a hard time following instructions?
- Do you have poor classroom or workplace achievement?
- Are you always on the go?
- Are you oversensitive?
- Do you have fidgety hands or feet?
- Do you act or talk impulsively?
- Are you restless and/or squirmy?
- Do you have difficulty following rules?
- Do you have few friends?
- Do you have trouble listening?
- Is it difficult to play or perform tasks quietly?
- Do you talk excessively?
- Do you often interrupt others?
- Do you lose important things?
- Do you blurt out answers?
- Do you frequently fight and argue with others?
- Are you shy or withdrawn?
- Do you daydream too much?
- Are you easily distracted?
- Are you impatient?
- Do you have poor organization?
- Does your attention drift in conversations?
ADHD is a disorder that can be easily fixed, and you don’t need to rely on medication or its unwanted side-effects. Dr. Ferrari at Alta Neuro-Imaging offers neurofeedback, an effective, drug-free, painless procedure in which the patient learns to re-train these minor imbalances, alleviating the condition. Once training is completed, no further treatment is necessary. Find out more about neurofeedback here. Alta Neuro-Imaging Neurofeedback.
If you believe you or someone you know has ADHD, click here