Warm weather provides the opportunity to enjoy a comfortable outdoor living space suited to your style. Armstrong Garden Centers reminds us that it is possible to create a colorful garden while being drought-conscious. Bring the party to the patio with advice from experts on how to create your ideal garden space for entertaining.
Accenting an Outdoor Space
• Shade is a necessity on days when direct sun is too much to bear. Umbrellas come in multiple shapes and styles that can be matched to throw pillows and chairs to accent your color theme.
• Keep guests cool with easy access to refreshing beverages. Light-weight pots can be stacked to create a cooler that matches your other outdoor décor, or choose a colorful, recycled tin cooler that doubles as a talking piece.
• Place your containers (and coolers) on rolling caddies in order to rearrange your outdoor space whenever the mood strikes you.
• Provide a few lighting options that can be adjusted as the sun sets – LED lights, solar-powered lights and Warwick candles make great options.
• Invest in a centerpiece. There are a variety of styles including Mediterranean fountains, tropical clay pieces or California-modern designs that will attract attention.
Perfect Water-Wise Plants
• Control and cut down on the amount of water your plants need to bloom beautifully throughout the summer by placing plants in containers.
• Make your garden functional by planting herbs that you can use on the grill with meats or in marinades and salad dressings. Herbs provide a beautiful fragrance to your patio.
• Set the theme for your outdoor lifestyle with the right plants to accent your space. Beautiful low-water options include Coreopsis, Russian sage, salvias in multiple colors and Russelias.
• Ensure you are not over-watering (or under-watering) your plants by using a moisture meter. These simple tools are a failsafe way to understand if the soil around a plant is dry or moist.
For more helpful gardening tips, visit www.armstronggarden.com.
Information Provided By Armstrong Garden Centers