How we process the loss of a relationship is as imperative as how we start a new one. We’re told that “when one door closes, another one opens” and “everything happens for a reason.” Nevertheless, whether we’re ready or not, we indeed have a choice when eminently navigating through challenges in our relationships.
Making a commitment to yourself on personal development in this space can make all the difference by incorporating these seven techniques:
1. Process the breakup by managing your FEAR – Explore and confirm where it’s coming from, and seek out tools and resources to assist you. Why this works: Prediction of self-growth and long-term healthy independence.
2. Practice FORGIVENESS – Be in gratitude for the experience. Why this works: You’re on a guaranteed road of self-empowerment, which is a necessary life skill.
3. Behave BRAVELY – Rely on positive expertise from others who can coach you on what tools and techniques to adopt. Why this works: Steps to face self-doubt/fear and promote sustainable self-confidence.
4. Replace your loss with the “GAIN” thought – Focus on your wellness and educational intelligence, which leads to heightened emotional intelligence. Why this works: A mental and physical practice supports long-lasting change and creation of healthier habits.
5. Make a NEW VISION for the next relationship – Move into a new awakening. Why this works: The law of attraction can support your new personal goals.
6. DON’T INVESTIGATE your ex’s post actions – Instead, redefine your new status. For example: decide whether to be friends or not, and adhere to the new boundaries. Why this works: You must protect your emotional well-being. It doesn’t help when you focus on your ex through negative mental assumptions that lead to non-effective actions and attitudes.
7. Manage ego ENTITLEMENT – Don’t self-sabotage or overinflate your ego, as these tendencies can draw negative issues toward you and potential new relationships. Why this works: If not stopped in its tracks, it will stunt your personal growth and development.
Think about it this way: seven new habits can bring you more self-awareness to approach future relationships with healthier self-esteem, and that’s an attractive skill.
Anita K is a motivational life coach and life strategist. She taps into one’s infinite potential to effect real, positive changes, and is driven to define their path and purpose. Anita is represented by Luminary Leaders (www.luminaryspeakers.com).
Need a Professional Speaker for your next event or company meeting?
Our diverse roster of powerful, impactful speakers includes CEOs and Leaders, successful entrepreneurs, industry experts and much more!
We work with companies and event planners to better understand their objectives, composition and budget – and then we identify the best speaker for your organization to book for your event, conference, retreat or company.
Speaker Consulting Services and Event Planning are also services we offer.
Book a Speaker – Become a Speaker
Contact Us: 909.519.3712