Winter Season Pruning and Water Wise Garden Maintenance
Join fellow gardeners on Saturday, January 27, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., for a Winter Season Pruning workshop, presented by the Chino Basin Water Conservation District, located at 4594 San Bernardino Street in Montclair.
If it’s fall or winter it’s time to prune your deciduous trees and shrubs, and some specific evergreens.
Whether you’re pruning for size, shape, structure, flowers and/or fruit production, now is the time to sharpen those tools and get into the garden with confidence! As a winter season class, we will focus on deciduous fruit trees and roses. Most of the techniques are also applicable to many other plants.
Participants will get an introduction into:
- Identifying when to prune your plants and if pruning is needed
- Pruning tool selection and care
- Best practices for pruning tree and shrubs.
- Best methods to correct subpar past pruning practices
- Recognizing diseased and damaged plant materials and using corrective pruning to improve health
- Pest identification and general winter garden maintenance
Please register for this class by clicking here. For more information, call (909) 626-2711.
WestCoast Magazine is always striving to bring you local events. If you have an event you would like to put up on our website, please email email@example.com with details of the event, more information or questions.