Purchase and Plant Water-wise and Native Plants
Converting your yard to a vibrant and low water landscape can seem intimidating, but we are here to help. On February 23, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., come to the Water-wise Community Center (4594 San Bernardino St., Montclair), for a free landscaping workshop and get a rebate!
Success with new landscape plantings requires starting with high quality plants and installing them correctly to get them off to a healthy start. These practices are often underrated and are one of the best ways to protect your investment in your new plants, help them grow quickly, and keep them healthy and resistant to pests and diseases.
In this class we will cover:
- Creating your list of plants to purchase for your project
- Finding and selecting your plants at local nurseries
- What sizes to buy different kinds of plants
- What to look for to select the healthiest plants possible
- Caring for your plants until you can plant them
- Preparing your site for planting
- Best planting practices for different types and sizes of water-wise plants
- How to keep new plantings healthy as they get established
Registration is free and required. You can register online here.
The Chino Basin Water Conservation District is a public agency whose goal is the protection of the Chino Groundwater Basin in order to guarantee that current and future water needs will be met.
For more information or questions, contact the CBWCD at (909) 626-2711.