Inland Empire Utilities Agency Hosts a Summer Blood Drive
The Inland Empire Utilities Agency and LifeStream will be hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at IEUA’s Headquarters located at 6075 Kimball Avenue Building B Event Room, Chino.
Donors between 15-17 years old, must provide a parental consent form. All donors must weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Be sure to drink plenty of water and bring photo identification.
According to LifeStream:
- Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors.
- Most donated red blood cells must be used within 42 days of collection.
- Platelets are especially needed by cancer patients and must be used within 5 days of collection. New donations are continuously needed.
- All blood types are needed to help patients; the need for type O negative is especially in demand. Only 7% of U.S. residents have “universal” blood.
- 1 in 4 U.S. residents will require transfused blood at least once in their lifetime.
- An estimated 38% of the U.S. Population is eligible to donate, ONLY ABOUT 5% donate.
- Every 2 seconds someone needs blood.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are strongly encouraged and will receive priority.
Contact Michelle O’Brien at (909) 993-1741 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
WestCoast Magazine is always striving to bring you local events. If you have an event you would like to put up on our website, please email email@example.com with details of the event, more information or questions.