An Introduction to California Native Gardens and Native Garden Design
Gardens using California native plants can be gorgeous, easy to maintain, full of color and habitat for birds and pollinators, and often only require water once a month once established. Come on September 29, and learn why native gardens are a great choice and the basics of designing your own.
Gardening with native plants does not mean you have to grow only native plants. If you’re curious, come check it out, you might fall in love with a new and rewarding approach to gardening!
We will cover:
- What to love about California native Plants
- A visual tour of local California native home gardens
- How to design your own California native garden
- Planting design basics using natives
- Public gardens to visit to see native plants in person
- Where to buy California native plants
The workshop will be held at the Chino Basin Water Conservation District, located at 4594 San Bernardino Street, in Montclair, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The workshop is free but you need to register for the class. You can register online, click here.
WestCoast Magazine is always striving to bring you local events. If you have an event you would like to put up on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event, more information or questions.