Get Ready for a Day of Family Fun in and Around the Garden
Hosted by UC ANR South Coast REC and Cooperative Extension, Orange County, with support from Irvine Ranch Water District, you are invited on September 29, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to the UC ANR South Coast Research and Extension Center (7601 Irvine Blvd., Irvine) for a day of garden fun!
You and your family can:
- Visit with exhibitors and gather information about various methods to help you reduce landscape water use and ultimately save money.
- Connect with UC Cooperative Extension Programs such as 4-H Youth Development, Master Gardeners, Master Food Preservers, and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program.
- Discuss solutions for your irrigation and pest issues with UC researchers and industry experts.
- Check out the various demonstrations happening through out the day focusing on topics such as beekeeping, composting, irrigation, and more.
- Taste exotic fruit grown at the South Coast Research and Extension Center in Irvine.
- Let the kids explore through gardening and water education activities with the UCCE Master Gardeners.
- Have your favorite garden hand tool sharpened – (1) small garden tool per person.
- Take home one of the many varieties available at the PLANT SALE: -Sorry- no credit cards. Cash or checks only please.
- Grab a ticket for one of the random opportunity drawings held throughout the day for a chance to take home one of the many fabulous gardening gifts.
- Food and Drinks Available – stay and have a bite in support of OC 4-H Teen Council. Cash only please.
To find out more about the Landscape and Garden Education Expo, visit their site, ucanr.edu/sites/urbanwatermgmt/
For more information or questions, please email Tamara Majcherek at email@example.com.