Summer Season Pruning with Tree & Shrub Maintenance
Summer is a time where minor pruning will enhance your trees and shrubs. Whether you’re going to prune for size, shape, structure or excessive growth, now is the time to sharpen those tools and get into the garden with confidence!
For this summer class on July 28, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., we will focus on trees, shrubs, ground covers and roses. Most of the techniques are also applicable to many other plants.
Participants will get an introduction into:
- Identifying when to prune your plants and if it is needed
- The correct tool selection and care
- Best practices for trees, shrubs and groundcovers
- Best methods to correct subpar past pruning practices
- Recognizing diseased and damaged plant materials and using corrective pruning to improve health
- Pest identification and general summer garden maintenance
The workshop will be held at the Chino Basin Water Conservation District, located at 4594 San Bernardino Street, in Montclair. The workshop is free but you need to register for the class. You can register online, click here.