Mulching & Composting for the Water Wise Garden
Let’s go GREEN! Don’t miss this opportunity to catch the ‘Green Train’ by jumping into composting and garden recycling. No jumping into actual compost is necessary.
Using compost and mulch will reduce water demand in your garden, drastically improve your soil, and decrease your overall environmental impact!
Participants in this workshop, on June 23, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., will learn how to turn ‘garden trash’ into resources that become a staple for healthy gardening. ‘All Aboard’ for composting!
Attendees will leave with an understanding of:
- The differences between mulch and compost
- How to properly apply mulch and compost
- Choosing the right containers and enclosures
- Identifying what you can use to compost (and what you shouldn’t)
- The many benefits of mulching and composting
- Compost with worms
- Finding FREE high-quality mulch (Hint: we give it away every other Saturday)
The workshop will be held at the Chino Basin Water Conservation District, located at 4594 San Bernardino Street, in Montclair. The workshop is free but you need to register for the class. You can register online, click here.
WestCoast Magazine is always striving to bring you local events. If you have an event you would like to put up on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event, more information or questions.