CVFD Offers Tips During Heat Wave
As the temperatures increase throughout the region, reaching temperatures in excess of 100 degrees during a heat wave, The Chino Valley Fire District urges residents to take precautions that will help prevent heat-related illness.
Stay cool and hydrated:
- Spend the warmest part of the day in air-conditioned buildings.
- Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when it is hottest, and avoid direct sunlight.
- Drink more water than usual. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water.
- Drink from two to four cups of water every hour while working.
- Dress in loose-fitting, lightweight, and light-colored clothes.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- Check on at-risk friends, family and neighbors at least twice a day.
Swimming pool safety:
- Have an adult designated to supervise children whenever they are in or around water.
- Remove children from water for any distractions such as a phone call or to use the restroom.
Local Cooling Centers:
- Chino Branch Library: 13180 Central Avenue, Chino.
- Chino Hills James S. Thalman Branch Library: 14020 City Hall Drive, Chino Hills.
- Chino Senior Center: 13170 Central Avenue, Chino.
For additional safety tips, please visit the Fire District’s website at www.chinovalleyfire.org.