A year ago, I was sitting in a doctor’s office, reading a magazine article about a group of friends who periodically would get together for some wine and a potluck dinner. Their purpose was to have a girl’s night out and do some good at the same time. The concept was brilliant in its simplicity: get together with friends for a social evening and raise some quick money for local charities. Fun and collective giving to make a greater impact in their community!
When I had read the article, I thought what a great idea…perhaps someday. Then six months ago, my dear friend, Bobby Spiegel, told me his wife Karen was starting a chapter of 100+ Women Who Care for the Corona/Riverside area. When she explained what it was, unlike when I first read the article, the timing was right for me to get involved and help start the Chino Valley chapter as well…so here we are!
100+ Women Who Care is a group of women who gather four times a year for a one-hour meeting, learn about local charities, and each donate a $100 check to a charity that the group selects. This combined donation of $10,000 makes a real impact. The Chino Valley and the Corona-Riverside 100+ Women Who Care chapters have already donated substantially to local charities with the greatest needs in their respective communities.
100+ Women Who Care is for you if:
• You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer, but have been wanting to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every three months;
• You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in your community;
• You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
• You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
• No volunteering, no telemarketing, no event planning, and no silent auction donations to solicit. It’s simply a great way to give back right in our own community.
I know that everyone gives in their own way to their own favorite charities. You may already be doing something that works for you. However, if you think you might be one of 100+ women (or more) who wants to join either group, make plans to attend our next meeting in May. You will witness the amazing power of 100+ women (or more) making an impact in our very own communities.
The power of 100 women having a local impact is amazing!