On December 2, 2015, there was a mass shooting at Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, leaving 14 dead and 21 injured. It was a horror that hits close to home – many of us know relatives, friends and acquaintances who work or live near there, and it’s a tragedy that weighed heavy on our hearts last night.
Today, the amazing San Bernardino Fire Department, San Bernardino Police Department and local hospitals are working tirelessly to piece together the motives, as well as keeping people safe.
But what can you do as an individual? We know how much our community cares – please see the following for how you can help the San Bernardino victims:
- Donate blood. LifeStream is a private non-profit blood center in San Bernardino that provides blood products and services to Riverside County Regional Center in Moreno Valley, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, where the wounded are being treated, a news release by LifeStream says. They are in dire need of blood for the victims, and “donations can be made at LifeStream centers in Riverside, Ontario, Victorville and La Quinta, and at LifeStream mobile drives.” They are in need of all blood types. You can find more information or make your appointment at 1.800.879.4484 or visit lstream.org.
- A YouCaring page has been set up for the family of one of the victims who has been killed, Michael Wetzel. He was a loving husband and father of six. Please consider donating to his family here.
- A GoFundMe account has been created for the family of one of the victims who has been killed, Sierra Clayborn. Please help her family with funeral costs by donating here.
- A GoFundMe account has been created for another victim’s family, Robert Adams. Share your support by donating here.
- Benneta Betbadal was one of the victims from the shootings. Her family has created a GoFundMe account to help with her memorial. Donate here.
- Aurora Godoy, another victim, leaves behind her husband and her 2-year-old son. Please consider donating to her GoFundMe account here.
- A GoFundMe account is also in place for another victim, Tin Nguyen. Please help her family by contributing here.
We will update as more avenues and fundraiser events become available. Let us know if you hear of anything in the comments below.