Tips for Assembling Your Dream Team
It’s no surprise that planning a wedding is stressful – especially for newly engaged couples. You have to find the right dress, color scheme, location, caterers, décor, DJ/band, officiant, and the right wedding photographer to capture this unforgettable event. It’s enough to turn you into a bridezilla! There are tips to finding the best complete package and it’s not all about price. Remember that you get what you pay for. Hiring the proper professional means that you find someone who is not only passionate about what they do, but they have a vision and a talent you recognize by their portfolio. Never make an impulsive decision and be sure to consult with a few professionals before making the final decision. These tips will help you find the right team to make that day magically unforgettable!
• Are you going for a documentary feel, classic portrait look, fine art taste, or jumping into the edgy bold look? Whatever you choose, make sure you find a photographer that specializes in the style of your choice.
• Commit to setting up interviews so that you can go over in detail what you want to get out of this experience and what they can offer before you make any major decisions.
• You’re going to be spending quite a bit of time with this person, so ensure their personality complements you both.
• Compare the packages and go over what you get from each of them before making a final decision.
• Make sure that the caterer you choose is available on your special day. Book in advance!
• Be mindful of your budget and find a company that can work with what you’ve got.
• Quality of food goes a long way, and you should prepare to find someone who takes pride in this.
• Most caterers will give you a preview of the food you want served. Take your time savoring the flavors, and be sure to bring a notebook!
• It is vital to pick a company with great service and tons of experience to ensure everything goes smoothly on your wedding day.
• Know your color scheme and vision and make sure the flowers you choose will be in season on your special day.
• Some flowers are more expensive than others. Let your florist know what budget they have to work with.
• Remember, you’re working with a professional who may have ways to improve your vision, so be open-minded and listen.
• Once you determine if you want a DJ or band, check out their styles online before you meet them.
• Share your special songs so that they can incorporate them in their set. Don’t forget to create a Do-Not-Play list as well.
• Validate whether they’ve played at a wedding before. Your reception is not a nightclub, so make sure they have enough experience to get the job done right.
• Get everything in writing and always read the fine print.
• Make sure your venue is not too far to travel (unless it’s a destination wedding).
• Don’t go bankrupt on picking a venue. Be sure to set a price and stick to it.
• Ensure your venue has a plan in place in case the weather decides not to cooperate.
• Get all the details from the venue. Do they provide chairs and tables? Catering? Know what you sign up for before it’s too late.
• Make sure your venue matches your personal style and vision for the day.
• Set the date, put down the deposit and make memories that will last a lifetime! W
*some of the images courtesy of Los Serranos Country Club