An anti-aging facial will have all the steps of a basic facial, but with ingredients that are targeted to aging or mature skin, which usually includes ages 40 and older. However, anti-aging facials can be beneficial even when you’re in your twenties or early thirties because the skin may already be showing signs of aging.
Here are the steps your esthetician will perform for your Anti-Aging Facial:
• Cleansing – An anti-aging facial begins with a cleansing, using sponges or cotton balls with product chosen for mature skin, most likely a creamy cleanser.
• Skin Analysis – The esthetician looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp that reveals various skin conditions, such as dry skin, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
• Exfoliation – They may use a mechanical or chemical exfoliator. Mechanical exfoliation has a gritty feel and usually happens while a steam vapor is directed at your face. A chemical peel can be a treatment or part of the facial.
• Extraction – Removal of blackheads or whiteheads if needed. It can cause discoloration if done on sensitive skin or done improperly.
• Facial massage – This involves the use of classic technique strokes, like effleurage, to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles to get the most from your facial massage.
• A facial mask – This will be targeted for mature skin. The actual mask will depend on the line the spa carries and what kind of facial you asked for.
• Application of toners, serums and protective creams.
•Home skin care advice.
An anti-aging facial is likely to be more expensive than the basic facial because it involves more ingredients and intensive steps. Make sure the spa facial treatments are using high-quality products. Giovanni’s Salon and Spa uses Dermalogica, one of the best and well-known skin care products. Since it takes the skin about a month to regenerate, it is suggested to get a facial monthly. Your skin should get personal attention regularly at any age. Be sure to include facials for healthy skin, along with your hair and nail care regiment.
Submitted by Giovanni’s Salon and Spa, Chino Hills