We’re all in favor of changing our lives for the better. Oftentimes we have big ideas and high hopes, but for one reason or another, everything seems to stay the same.
Sometimes change can start with just the tiniest seed of an idea. You take a breath, you change a word, or you shift your weight – and a switch happens. Take a few minutes to think small… really small! In a world of giant changes, enormous appetites, and huge plans, here’s hoping that the following 30 little ideas speak volumes and provide you with some grand ways to improve your life.
1. Be proactive: Plan ahead and nip problems in the bud before they even start.
2. Cut down on your impact: Reduce the level of waste you bring into the world.
3. Wake up earlier: Infuse more time into your day by waking up 30 minutes earlier.
4. Smile: Feel better about yourself and adopt a more positive outlook by smiling.
5. Accept failure: Acknowledge that you won’t succeed 100 percent of the time, and focus on your triumphs.
6. Realize you can’t always get what you want: Learn to accept downfalls and work through challenges.
7. Accept that you can’t control everything: You can’t stop the rain, avoid job changes, or control other people. Learn to work with what you’ve got.
8. Realize that every second is precious: Live every day like it’s your last; someday it will be.
9. Eat a daily breakfast: Studies show that overall, breakfast eaters tend to be healthier than others, so embrace this habit every day.
10. Get enough physical activity: Make sure you exercise regularly to ensure long-term good health.
11. Get a good night’s rest: Sleep seven to nine hours every night to avoid the negative effects of not getting enough sleep.
12. Eat fish: Consume fish twice a week to increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart.
13. Take a walk every day: Get your legs moving to reduce your chances of premature death.
14. Stay hydrated: Help your organs function properly and keep your joints healthy by drinking enough water.
15. Practice good dental hygiene: Researchers have reported that bacteria from dental plaque can enter your bloodstream and cause an array of problems, including heart disease and diabetes.
16. Eat slowly: Improve your digestion and health by eating meals slower.
17. Protect your skin: Avoid overexposure to the sun to reduce skin damage.
Career & Finance
18. Cut down your debt: Improve your finances by working on paying off and ridding yourself of debt.
19. Leave your work behind: Leave your work where it needs to be – at work.
20. Practice collaboration: Collaborate with others, asking for help and offering it where needed.
21. Diversify: Ensure you have multiple sources of income to give yourself financial security.
22. Keep an emergency fund: Build an emergency fund to give yourself a financial safety net.
23. Write better: Improve your writing skills to communicate more effectively.
24. Be friendly with everyone: Spread a positive attitude and make others feel good; you’ll feel better in return.
25. Volunteer: Feed your soul, do some good, and engage with your community by volunteering your time.
26. Look for the good in people: Sure, we all have our shortcomings – but enjoy and accept people as they are.
Just for You
27. Get to know yourself: What a better way to improve your life than by learning all about your strengths and weaknesses and homing in on your best self.
28. Treat yourself: If you can’t go out and get a relaxing massage or facial due to social distancing; take 30 minutes to give yourself one.
29. Revisit your goals: Have you followed through with your goals? Take some time this week to reflect positively on how far you’ve come and think about where you want to be. Write down the steps you need to take to get there.
30. Connect with an old friend: If its been a while since you’ve seen or talked to someone, reach out and let them know you’re thinking about them. It will make their day as well as yours. W